Re: automatic way to determine non-legacy branches?

On 9/19/06, Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:
I don't know of anyplace this information is kept currently.  In the
future it will be in the package database (some branches will be active,
some inactive.)

Depending on what you're planning to do with this information, one
wrinkle may be what to do with co-maintained branches or branches that
are only used if additional requirements are met (ie: EPEL branches will
only exist if someone has vlunteered to maintain them and should only be
built by that volunteer.)

Yah, this is more a tactical solution than a long term one.  It's not
intended for EPEL branches at the moment (I'm sure that'll get hashed
out as EPEL planning goes on)...  co-maintainership I don't think will
be much of an issue but the instant makefile target implementation is
inadequate for situations where different people maintain different
branches.

However it's used, I see a need for this information to be stored somewhere.

                    -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia