Re: txukart -> supertuxkart, new package?

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Matthias Saou schrieb:
Hans de Goede wrote :
The alternative is to submit a new supertuxkart package which obsoletes tuxkart, question will this cause automatic upgrades of tuxkart to supertuxkart?
This would definitely be best.

+1

[...] Now the real question is : Do you need to go through the new package submission process?

I think this once again needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis:

If upstream changed a lot of stuff or if the spec file was heavily
reworked -> new review.

If it's more like a regular update with a name-change -> announce it on
fedora-extras list and attach a spec-file diff so interested people can
quickly skim over it and veto if they see blockers. If everything is
quiet for 48 hours -> just import it,request branches, ...

CU
thl

Its more like a regular update, I'll put it through the review requests anyways to make Chris' scripts happy. I assume someone will do a quick review for me then. I'll send a mail asking for such a "quick" review when I'm ready.

Regards,

Hans