Re: Permanent page reference for packages

On 9/25/06, José Matos <jamatos fc up pt> wrote:
Hi,
        recently in the lyx-devel list there was a request for a url regarding lyx in
different linux distributions.

        The outcome was more or less this:

* [[Debian -> http://packages.debian.org/lyx]]
* [[Gentoo -> http://gentoo-portage.com/app-office/lyx]]
* [[SuSE -> \
    http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/lyx.html]]
* [[Fedora Core 5 -> \
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/x86_64/repodata/repoview/lyx-0-1.4.3-1.fc5.html]]

Mee too for mantis:
http://wiki.mantisbugtracker.com/doku.php/mantisbt:distributions
the best thing I come to was pointing to the M page of repoview, not
so convenient:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/M.group.html

  Is there any generic link for packages like the other distributions above?
If not, what needs to be done for Fedora to have one?

I think the first step would be to create a repoview-like script which
should populate a table of:
package | version FCx | version FCy | version FCdevel

each of them probably linked to the corresponding repoview page.
then I am pretty sure it could easily got a place in fedoraproject.org :)