Re: mimetype icon installation help needed

Patrice> Hello, I would like to add an icon for a mime type
Patrice> (application/x-chm).  I use the Rodent theme currently in
Patrice> xfce, and I test in thunar and nautilus.  I have read some
Patrice> freedesktop documents, and I figured that I should put it in:
Patrice> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/application-x-chm.png

Patrice> It didn't worked. In fact the only thing that worked was to
Patrice> put the file in
Patrice> /usr/share/icons/Rodent/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-x-chm.png

Patrice> I tried gnome-mime-application-x-chm.png and
Patrice> application-x-chm.png in
Patrice> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/ and
Patrice> /usr/share/icons/gnome/48x48/mimetypes/ since Rodent inherits
Patrice> from gnome, but in both cases the icon used was
Patrice> application.png (or gnome-mime-application.png) from Rodent.

Patrice> What am I doing wrong?

Humm... so what does the .desktop that sets an application for that
mime type look for in an icon?

Perhaps you need to run gtk-update-icon-cache before it will see the
new icon?

Patrice> Also is there a command which allows the change in mimetypes
Patrice> directories to be taken into account without relogin?

gtk-update-icon-cache ?

Patrice> -- Pat