Permanent page reference for packages

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 25 17:56:24 UTC 2006

On 9/25/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > I was also asked the same for 2 packages, it would be very nice to have
> > a page pointing to the rpm/srpms for the latest fedora and/or devel.
>
> Kinda like:
> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/
> but unfortunately, the URL's for packages change for every rebuild/release.

That's considered a bug and will be fixed (eventually :)).

Repoview *will* output a generic URL per package that will be
non-version-specific for the very reason this thread started -- so
others can link to the package page in the repository. The reason it's
not yet implemented is because I'm waiting for the yum-3.0 API to
stabilize before rewriting chunks of Repoview that rely on yum package
parsing routines.

See http://mricon.livejournal.com/334963.html where I talk about plans.

Regards,
--