Re: Permanent page reference for packages

On 9/25/06, Konstantin Ryabitsev <icon fedoraproject org> wrote:
On 9/25/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
> > I was also asked the same for 2 packages, it would be very nice to have
> > a page pointing to the rpm/srpms for the latest fedora and/or devel.
>
> Kinda like:
> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/
> but unfortunately, the URL's for packages change for every rebuild/release.

That's considered a bug and will be fixed (eventually :))

Is it in bugzilla yet?

Repoview *will* output a generic URL per package that will be
non-version-specific for the very reason this thread started -- so
others can link to the package page in the repository.

Great! I really can't wait to see this in action :)