Re: Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-09-26

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 12:38 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 10:54:01AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Removing an essential core application such as the only functional
debugger GUI from Core to me is beyond reason.

There is no trouble if it is in Extras.

Patrice, I am really stumped by your naivity.

RH's step implies: They abandoned _supporting_ a fundamental
functionality without replacement, for political motives (killing
Motif).

Does ddd work well with lesstif ? If if does, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Things are moved from Core to Extras all the time, I don't think that makes ddd a second-class citizen by any means.

-d