Re: OCR engine

On 9/29/06, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram    > writes:
> > It also includes non-free software in the tarball?
>
> Not it doesnt.  checkout the code from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tesseract-ocr

It does. From the README:

Yap, it seems it does. I raised the issue in #fedora-extras when I
noticed it in the gmail web-clips the release, and the guys present at
the time (IIRC jima and others) all agreed on not touching it for now.

I hope the developers can reimplement that stuff in the framework of
the codebase improvements they are planning.