Re: For your dining pleasure.. i give you experimental packages of usbsink

On 2/12/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:

-jef"totally wants a way to push the button on his WD Mybook drive
casing and have it start a personal data backup process as part of his
Gnome Session. I wonder does linux even 'see' the button press
action...where the hell would i look to see if linux sees me press the
button?"spaleta

This would be extra cool... I think the windows counterpart has a
small program polling the USB link for such events;  you may want to
start from a USB snooping session in Windows to see what is
transmitted on the wire.

I'd also wonder what the results would be trying to contact WD about
giving developers some specs...