Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-02-08

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote :

> MS> What's the rationale behind this?
> Picking a single value that meets the technical requirements so that
> package reviewers can be spared unending confusion over whether a
> particular buildroot is sufficient and unending argument between
> packagers and reviewers which wastes everyone's time.
> It takes all of two seconds to fix it.

Changing it doesn't "fix" anything. If we have to pick something for the
short term, then I'd suggest this :

* Mandatory : The BuildRoot must start with
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}. The preferred value is
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n).

And that's it for now. Let the real fix come in later.

Right now we have a _mandatory_ value which has been approved last
week, but already a new possible value to be ratified :

It makes really little sense to me to have changed this now. Can I
politely ask the packaging committee to reconsider this point?

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 1.21 1.02 0.76