Re: Packaging KDE window decorations, etc

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 18:14 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> However there are 2 different situations
>  - we can have lets say kwin-DECORATOR
>  - otherwise, let it be as is, since people are using the "search"
> button just as you did Fran├žois. Hence we have to make sure that in
> the summary there is at least "KDE window decoration"

Using an appropriate summary is fine, but my concern is that it still
doesn't solve potential package naming clashes (where the KDE theme/deco
is a port of a Gnome one, or the other way around). Also, searching for
something like "decoration" turns up quite a lot more than just themes,
and "KDE decoration" is much worse; I actually found the crystal theme
by filtering the "User Interface/Desktops" RPM group entries (something
that is frowned upon by yum, it seems ;-) )...

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 17:43 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I would suggest using the categories used by KDE-look.org. This will
> make a `yum list` more useful.

I agree 100% with the "yum list" part, but KDE-look's default category
names are maybe a bit long..?

For now, I will follow the advice of Rex and Chitlesh, though. Thanks
for the help, guys!

Cheers,
-Francois

views of the CSIR.