Re: Packaging KDE window decorations, etc

On 2/16/07, Francois Aucamp <faucamp csir co za> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 07:05 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> How about not inventing problems that don't actually exist yet? (:

:-) Fair enough, my intention was not to complain about as-yet
nonexistent problems... but prevention is always better than a cure, its
a simple management principle, even - look at the discussion on the RPM
buildroot problem as an example of the type of thing that *could*
happen.

> I think I like Arthur's suggestion of using kde-look categories, but
such a
> proposal will take time to flesh out, and you need not wait on that to
> start packaging stuff now, imo.

Thanks, I won't. I'm also more than willing (and keen) to help Arthur
out on the proposal, so please let me know if I can help you!

Cheers and thanks for the feedback,
-Francois

Francois, sorry for my apparent lack of manners, I seemed to have
missed this last message.

Here is a very basic (bare-bones) proposal I wrote up :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/KDELooks

Be sure to critique so that I do much better next time on the first try.

Thank you.

Arthur Pemberton
--
Fedora Core 6 and proud