Re: sdcc - Cross Compiler, Needs Packaging Standards?

2007/2/25, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at>:
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203    > writes:
> >  Also notice that every makefile for AVR software under the
> > sun (that I know of) refers to avr-gcc as avr-gcc and nothing else.
> Sorry, to me these packages are simply bugged.

IMHO, this discussion should be taken up with upstream avr-gcc, it's not the
distributor's job to rename the cross compiler to a name of their liking,
breaking all the makefiles made for the unmodified upstream cross-toolchain.

I agree on this one, and it also complies with the inital guidelines
proposed by Hans de Goede on not to derive too much from upstream.

--
Trond Danielsen