wiki reorganization

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jan 7 15:25:14 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 15:25, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I would against merging /Extras and /Packaging for the same reasons
> merging fedora-extras and fedora-packaging lists. The space under
> /Extras is more or less about everything, from organisational
> strutures over _Review_ Guidelines, CVS requests and a lot more. The
> Packaging area remained rather packaging (not package) focused and is
> mainly maintained by the people for the packaging committee.
>
> Perhaps some parts of /Extras make sense to land in /Packaging, but
> generally I feel like simply removing the /Extras prefix from the URL
> may be a better idea.

Seconded, mostly.  Except that I think instead of removing /Extras, I think
replacing it with /Contributors or someting would be better in case people
find /Extras confusing in the new context.

Regarding mailing lists, I suppose merging the extras and maintainers lists
would have some benefits, but I think I'd keep packaging separate.  There was
also talk about a maintainers-announce list some time ago (for things
like "maintainers heads up: please rebuild everything" -like announcements
only) but I don't know/remember what's the status of that.