new to

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Fri Jan 19 01:41:51 UTC 2007

On Thursday January 18 2007 20:36, Amit Dey wrote:
> Are making configure files, make files, spec files and rpm necessary. What
> else is necessary.

No, no, yes, and yes. Your program needs to be "buildable", and the spec needs
to be able to build it. Of course you need the RPM produced by the spec file.

> Can you guys tell me the steps to be followed ( just give me the name of
> the things to be done like automake,rpm etc...) so that I can make a
> package which i can later submit to fedora-extras.

Just put in your spec file the commands you use for building your package.
Also, take a hard look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines.