Geany: could not load libvte.so

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 16:16:17 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, Mark Knoop <mpknoop at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this editor newly in Extras, so gave it a try.
>
> $ geany
> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
> ** INFO: GTK+ 2.10.4, GLib 2.12.3
> ** INFO: Could not load libvte.so, terminal support disabled
>
> It works fine if I symlink /usr/lib/libvte.so.9 to /usr/lib/libvte.so.
> I would BZ this, but the geany component is not yet in Bugzilla.

This looks like a vte bug to me.  I did not get this error when I
reviewed the package.  Therefore the vte package appears to be fine on
my system.  Are you running FC-6?

BTW the geany packager was a first time packager and I was the
sponser, I should have double-checked to make sure he put an entry in
the owners.list.  I would have caught it on the next package status
update.