Data Packages Guideline

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Mar 3 19:57:49 UTC 2007

Le samedi 03 mars 2007 à 20:42 +0100, Axel Thimm a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 08:32:17PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > Please don't - fontconfig logic can be very different from distribution
> > to distribution and release to release, fonts are *not* a good
> > cross-distribution candidate unless you want to promote gigantic
> > scriptlets
>
> OK, withdrawing fonts, then, I thought that it would had settled by
> now.

Basic install is fine - just dump the font files in the right dir

For everything else you need to know the config langage grammar level
your distro fontconfig understand, what are the default deployed conf
files (conf file name matters as it's used to priorize), if the distro
freetype ships with the patented bytecode interpreter or not, etc

Plus explicit fontconfig setup is used to work around
fontconfig/freetype/pango bugs, which are not the same everywhere

It's getting better but not there yet

--
Nicolas Mailhot