Re: STIX license issues?

Vasile Gaburici wrote:
I recall watching a Barbara Beeton's TUG talk recording that some
people didn't like the STIX font license, and were waiting for the
GUST Math font. Does anyone know what exactly the problems are? I see
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal_considerations_for_fonts#preferred-license)
that Fedora considers the STIX license okay...

They listened to feedback from various people in the community and have dropped their own license and moved to the OFL:
http://www.stixfonts.org/user_license.html
http://www.stixfonts.org/STIXfaq.html

Looking forward to the the final release they are promising for this summer :-)

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org