Help with new font packaging guidelines (choosing font family)

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my packages (jomolhari-fonts, tibetan-machine-uni-fonts) to new font packaging guidelines.
I've encounter one problem that stops me from filling all guidelines.
I don't know the right font family (serif, sans serif, other?) for both fonts, so I can't create a fontconf files.

How can I find/known this font family (both fonts represents Tibetan script which I don't know)?

BTW. If both fonts are installed TMU is selected as a primary font for displaying Dzongkha text, is there a way to set fontconfig to prefer Jomolhari when dealing with Dzongkha text and TMU when displaying Tibetan text (Jomolhari is better for Dzongkha text and TMU for Tibetan text).

--
Best regards
Marcin Garski