The goose OpenType eggs holds...

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Jul 24 23:10:38 UTC 2008

2008/7/24 Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>:
>> 2008/7/24 Vasile Gaburici <vgaburici at gmail.com>:
>>> I suspect that their fonts are based on the visual designs, but not
>>> raw data of the URW fonts, otherwise GUST would be bound by the GPL,
>>
>> I think the GUST guys have infringed the GPL. Not 100% sure, but I think so :(
>
> Okay, I looked into it and it seems to be true.
> http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/adventor/qag1.104bas.zip
> which has /doc/fonts/tex-gyre/README-TeX-Gyre-Adventor.txt which says:

In fact its even more explicit in that file:

"TeX Gyre Adventor is based on the URW Gothic L distributed under
GPL with Ghostscript."

and then

"The TeX Gyre Adventor family can be freely used and distributed
under the GUST Font License (see above) which is actually
an instance of the LaTeX Project Public License"

Madness! :-)