FWN article on web font surveys

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Nov 21 10:04:38 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> To avoid repeating the very unpleasant 1h30 exchange I had with infra
> yesterday after sending my message to fedora-news, I know my
> limitations. I don't have the capabilities, time, or means to set up
> servers in the stead of infra, rewrite apps in the stead of developpers,
> write articles in the stead of article writers.

Nicholas, this is what I can offer:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/Artwork
It is very succinct, in the same way I cover the Art list. If someone
else from FWN want to editorialize more on this topic, feel safe to
delete my short paragraph.

> There is not an army of me. There is one (overbooked). Please help.

I see the traffic in the fonts list is low and a permanent column on FWN
would be too much (this happen with a lot of other lists) so I won't
invite someone from your SIG to join FWN, insead I subscribed myself to
the list so if something worthy of reporting happens once in a while, I
have the opportunity to talk about it.

PS: I didn't took the fonts surveys myself, since I am not an ordinary
user and have extra fonts installed and OTOH, as a designer, I stay with
"safe fonts" for web pages (and won't change my mind about that easily).