help : newbie packager

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Sep 29 19:18:05 UTC 2008

Le dimanche 28 septembre 2008 à 18:47 +0530, ankur sinha a écrit :
> hi,
>

> I'm a newbie packager.. I was trying to package this font.
> http://www.tulrich.com/fonts/
>
> The upstream tarball has otfs, ttfs and also sfd source. I enquired at
> #fedora on the IRC and was advised to not use the ttf/otfs but build
> from the sfd files. I dont know how to do this.. can anyone please
> help??

Hi,

It's always nice to see new packagers on the list. Please take the time
to read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Font_package_lifecycle
and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts_packaging

if you haven't done so yet.

As for building from sfds, you have a simple example there:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/inconsolata-fonts/inconsolata-fonts.spec?revision=1.2&view=markup

Bigger projects like Liberation or DejaVu automate sfd processing with a
makefile. If you are really interested in a font, it's a good idea to
read them and contribute the corresponding makefile to the upstream
project.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot