Re: Coordinating Outreach to font authors

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi folks :)
>
> I've contacted a few font authors whose fonts either don't have an
> explicit license or have an ambiguous/custom license about considering
> choosing a Fedora-compatible font license [1].

Hi Máirín,

Thanks a lot for your good advocacy efforts for more open fonts :-)

In case you haven't seen it yet, we've put down a few answers to the
what's-in-it-for-me? question from a designer's perspective over on the
OpenFontLibrary wiki:
http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/DesignersPerspectiveOpenFonts

And there's always the OFL FAQ:
http://scripts.sil.org/OFL-FAQ_web

Might turn out to be helpful in your conversations with upstream
designers. We're planning to improve the content of the wiki page and
your experience and feedback on all these issues is of course also very
welcome :-)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary