[Fedora-fr-list] Compte rendu des RMLL 2008

Jonathan Basse jbasse at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 10 08:32:39 UTC 2008

> Jonathan Basse wrote:
>>
>> Bonsoir Pierre-Yves,
>>
>> Si tu me le permet j'ai "rephrasé" certains passages... mais nous ne
>> sommes pas à l'abris de quelques nouvelles fautes introduites.
>> Dites-moi ce que vous en pensez.
>
> Je viens de la relire et y ai encore fais quelques corrections.
> J'envois donc la version 3 et le diff entre la version 2 et la version 3.
>
> J'ai ajouté deux/trois éléments et j'ai changé "We need you" en "We need
> more people". Je connais mal les RMLL mais quelqu'un qui ne parle pas un mot
> de français peut-il y allé et rester sur le stand ?
> Y a-t-il des conférences en anglais ?

Il y a des conférences en anglais néanmoins je concois beaucoup plus
difficilement une personne uniquement anglophone au booth ou la
publique etait clairement franco-francais (de ce que j'en ai vu).

> Dites moi ce que vous pensez de la nouvelle version
>
> Amicalement,
> P.Yves
>
> == RMLL feedback and evaluation ==
>
> As previously announced we received some feedback from the ambassadors
> present during the RMLL last week.
> Hereafter a small summary of their evaluation
>
> Let's make it as clear as possible
>
> * What are the RMLL
> - RMLL stands for "Libre Software Meeting"
> - Taking place at Mont-de-Marsant (South of France) from the 1st to the 5th
> of July
> - Between 4000 and 5000 visitors. Around a 1000 more than the last year
> - Both professional and individuals curious about FOSS or computer sciences
> in general
>
> * Fedora at the RMLL
> - This year was the third event where Fedora was present with Ambassadors
>
> *  Who was there
> - Charles Vinchon (France - Lille)
> - Jonathan Basse (Belgium - Luxembourg)
> - Quentin Dumont (France - Britain)
>
> and one of the highly estimated member of the community, Patrice Kadionik
> (France - Bordeaux)
>
> * Report
>        Pro:
>        - Thanks to Charles and Patrice, Fedora had a booth on the
> 'Association Village' as well as a conference scheduled.
>        - Thanks to Matthieu Rondeau and the money provided by the Project we
> had Live-CD to distribute at the booth. Moreover we ordered 150 more in
> France.
>        - About 10 Live-CD left. Would that means ~100 new users ?
>        - All the buttons are gone (~120 pieces) on the T-Shirt of new Fedora
> Supporter.
>        - Quentin bought a couple of french magazine about Fedora 9 release.
> They were presented at the booth.
>        - Most of the time there was 2 Ambassadors present at the booth.
> Thanks to Quentin who was also there for his own local LUG.
>        - Around 60 unique visitors per day at the booth.
>        - Conferences were interesting and focusing on very different topics
> from embedded system to accessibility.
>        - The conference about Fedora (by Jonathan) dragged interesting
> people.

- The conference about Fedora (by Jonathan) dragged some interested people

>        Cons:
>        - Technical issues did not allow us to be there with posters. The
> booth was not really reflecting what was expected.
>        - Some lack on the organization make the booth not as comfortable as
> we were expecting neither for visitors nor Ambassadors.
>        - The RMLL organization in general was not at the level of previous
> edition.
>        - Fewer people then expected at the Fedora conference. Mainly due to
> the lack of "pre-organization" and maybe the time of the conference (17:30)
>
> * The future
> - We need more people ! Although we understand this is a full week event
> which is not feasible for everybody the lack of people lead to

- We need more people ! Although we understand this is a full week
event which is not feasible for everybody, the lack of people leads to

>        - Issue in our general organization
>        - Responsiveness issue with the RMLL organization team
>        - Less flexibility for Ambassadors at the booth (so they can enjoy
> the event from a visitor POV as well)
>        - Most of the people present were not only there for Fedora but for
> professional reason as well which make the booth even more difficult to
> maintain (in terms of presence)
>
>        As said a full week event is not always easy to organize. Moreover:
>        - July means holidays for the most
>        - The location was not ideal. There is not much Ambassadors near the
> Spain border
>
> - Booth organization:
>        - Posters
>        - Event Box
>        - Free Coffee/Tea so we can capture people :)
>
> I do not want to be too critical, the four people that gave us feed back
> really enjoyed their stay there. The organization from the RMLL committee
> seems to not have been as good as the previous years but this is out of our
> hands.
> They had good time and I believe will do it again next year (in Nantes --
> the town which welcome the RMLL changes every year) if they can.

Not to be too critical people who went there really enjoy their stay.
In general the organization from the RMLL seems poorer then previous
and unfortunately this is not in our hands. Amabassadors apparently
had a really good time and I believe will reattend next year.