[Fedora-fr-list] Fwd: Fedora mailing list migration

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 16 12:53:11 UTC 2009

Bonjour,

Pour ceux qui ne sont pas sur la liste fedora-announce@, va y avoir du
changement.

Cordialement,

----------

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 05:08
To: fedora-announce-list at redhat.com

Over the last several years, there has been some contention about
having Fedora mailing lists hosted on Red Hat infrastructure.  As
previously announced[1], there was an effort to migrate the mailing
lists onto Fedora infrastructure, however, due to a variety of
factors, it has been very much delayed.

I'm pleased to announce that we've selected a date(s) for this
migration project, and are ready to implement it. On January 9 and 10,
2010, all Fedora related mailing lists that are currently hosted at
redhat.com will be migrated to lists.fedoraproject.org. Red Hat has
agreed to forward the mail for the old list name to the new list
names, and continue hosting the archives at their current location.
Additionally, all archives will be copied over to the new location as
well. All new archives will only be present at the new location.

We've decided to do this in one fell swoop rather than gradually as
originally planned because we feel it to be in the interest of our
community to have much pain at one point, rather than small amounts of
pain spread out over a long period of time. All of your mail filters
that rely on the List-ID header will break on these days, and
adjustments on your part will be required.  We apologize for the
inconvenience.  For your convenience, I've posted a mapping of old
list names to new list names [2] as well as a PDF version[3]

After the migration, you are welcome to file tickets for new mailing
list creation and problems with old ones in the Fedora Infrastructure
trac instance[4], or stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net.

Thanks for your time,
Your fearless mailman admins (Jon Stanley and Dennis Gilmore)

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-January/msg00012.html
[2] http://jstanley.fedorapeople.org/mlmigration.ods
[3] http://jstanley.fedorapeople.org/mlmigration.pdf
[4] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/