My game's feedback

Victor Skovorodnikov vic_sk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 00:39:28 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

 Awesome feedback, thank you very much.  Just exactly what I needed.  Yes, screen flickering is something I've been working on recently as I am relying on a lot of XClearWindow() calls to redraw images.  It didn't flicker as much on my end after I did some adjustments on my system but that's why it was important for me for someone else to try it out to get this feedback.  I'll definitely make it work better.

 Thank you very much,
 Victor.

Wart <wart at kobold.org> wrote: Victor Skovorodnikov wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thank you for replying. Nope, I haven't went this far yet. My main objective right now is to resolve the licensing issues and make sure that the game works the right way. Plus, it also needs to be mutated into a C++ code and I need to find a way to attach wxWidgets menus/preferences to it.
>
>  But, the core playable portion is working :-)

I had some trouble playing the game, mostly because the window size
seems to be fixed at 900x700, which is larger than the 800x600 desktop I
was using.  Command line options to set the window size would be useful.
 It's also nice to have a -fullscreen option to fill the entire screen.

There also seems to be a lot of flickering of the images on the screen
as things get redrawn.  You might check to see if you can optimize the
screen refresh as things move aroun the screen.

Hope this helps,

--Mike