Didn't know if this made the trip

Wart wart at kobold.org
Wed Aug 2 05:41:57 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:
> I've been having issues with gmail which are hopefully now resolved.
>
> I posted previously asking if anyone here knew of a good 2D graphical
> adventure game that had a really good editor. Gotta have that editor and
> hopefully it will be relatively easy to use.  Open Source, of course.
> It's for a prison rehab project so there are about 1.7 million potential
> users for it. Someone will get their name up in lights!
>
> I already have one developer slaving away at this, and it's the graphics
> that is proving problematic. I figure it might be easier to just take a
> working game, and make the modifications to it, everyone getting credit
> for it. I'd like to have the game call up streaming videos at points and
> situations in the game.
>
> If anyone can direct me, I'd appreciate it!! Ric

Two 2D adventure-type games with level editors come to mind right away:

wesnoth (yum install wesnoth-tools ; /usr/bin/wesnoth_editor)

crossfire (yum install crossfire ; /usr/bin/crossedit)

I haven't used the level editors for these games myself, so I can't
attest to their usability.  But I'm sure that the upstream authors would
appreciate any feedback that you could offer.

--Mike