Testers with radeon 9600 or 9800 wanted for new 3D package

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jun 28 14:08:59 UTC 2006

Michael Thomas wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>> p.s.
>>
>> Since you got this running and running as it should (IOW not at 2 fps),
>> would you be willing to also review it?
>>
>> And / or maybe even maintain it. I'm currently investigating of buying
>> an radeon 9800 in combination with the new opensource r300 dri drivers
>> is a solution to get this working properly on my system, but if it isn't
>> I won't be capable to properly maintain it, reproducing problems is
>> going to be impossible at 2 fps.
>
> I'll go ahead and maintain it.  It's a dependency for ember, a
> WorldForge client that we've been talking about on IRC.

I assume you're talking about ogre hre, I was talking about both ogre
and chess. I hope you will do chess too? Then I can cease my search for
a better yer opensource supported videocard and once again be happy with
my radeon 9250.

> I won't have a chance to do anything more with it until this weekend,
> though.

No problem.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Talking about ogre, I've used the SDL and not the GLX platform driver,
see a small commment in the specfile about this. This comment includes a
BZ nummer which refers to a BZ ticket about the use of Xrandr in another
  causing problems. This is however not game specific the use of Xrandr
in general for resolution switching for games really is a bad idea, see BZ.

One of us should contact upstream and get them to switch to XF86VidMode
instead, as I've done for gcompris.