Games Spin Update?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Dec 18 16:38:56 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I am interested in doing a mid release games spin update if there are
> enough additional games or interesting updates to existing games. It
> also has the additional advantage of fixing bugs or providing new
> features in other software included in the spin. Are there compelling
> reasons to provided a updated spin now? Would that be better as a CD
> image variant?

I freshly installed for a relative of mine the games spin about a week
ago, added a bit of multimedia and then ran "yum update".
The number and total size of packages updated was huge, so I think this
*is* a compelling reason (I did a screenshot at the time with the
intention to blog about this but had not enough free time).

A CD image variant is, I think, orthogonal to the DVD spin. An update
for the DVD spin should be in DVD format and a CD image would target
another niche of users (and it has to include a careful selection of
games, "best of breed").