Games Spin Update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 24 12:01:27 UTC 2007

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:57:40 +0530,
>   Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> I also noted that uqm is now on the list and I won't need to add it
>>> manually
>>> (assuming it pulls in the optional parts).
>> It won't pull in the optional packages, uqm-content-3domusic and
>> uqm-content-voice. I can add them manually to the kickstart file if it
>> improves the game experience considerably. Both these packages combined
>> occupy around 125 MB in the repository.
>
> I'd recommend adding uqm-content-voice. That way when you talk to beings,
> you get an audio of what they are saying as when as the displayed text.
> The voices actually add some nice color to the game. uqm-content-3domusic
> isn't really a big deal since that is just alternate music. If space is
> a concern that can be dropped without too much effect.

uqm-content-voice is over 100 MB. I am adding to the kickstart file for
now. If space becomes a problem, we might have to reconsider this. I
have been talking to rel-eng already and they feel that me or the games
SIG should be able to vouch for the quality of the release. I will do a
local spin with the changes and test it and we will probably do a
initial beta release, publish a test matrix and then get some feedback
before doing a general respin update. Stay tuned.

Rahul