Armagetron: clarification

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Jul 14 07:51:19 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> I know Armagetron is on the will not package list, and I know it's due to
> trademark issues.  Is there more to that that just the name?  If not, then
> either we need to package it or drop/modify kdegames, as it has ktron,
> which, AFAICT, meets the same standard.

Indeed it does, I think the name for that should be changed or it should be
dropped.

> If this has been discussed previously and I missed it, I apologize, but
> I'm just curious as to what the litmus test is.

It hasn't been discussed before, I've added Spot to the CC as he usually makes
the decisions surrounding legal stuff. Tom, my assessment of the situation is
that ktron indeed is a problem too.

While at the subject, I think that renaming Armagetron and removing any
references to Tron from the docs / text printed in the game, should make
Armagetron acceptabl, do you agree? And is anyone willing todo this?

Regards,

Hans