Games spin, minor configuration changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 21:38:51 UTC 2007

> I have changed the configuration file to inherit the base desktop
> configuration as Jeremy Katz (CC'ed) has suggested to do that before
> getting board approval on this spin.

So, some suggestions after looking at what you've got now
* Using base-desktop vs desktop -- while base-desktop is good for KDE or
XFCE, it probably makes more sense for something like the games spin to
be based on the main desktop config
* Then, the %packages section boils down to really just the games you're
adding on top
* Given the size you're already going to be at, I don't think that
removing printing, evolution and the gimp helps that much...  you might
as well include them and then it's a fully functional desktop + the set
of games.  The delta is going to be on the order of maybe 50 megs.
* The %post section will then just get inherited from the desktop config
and not need replication of things like the avahi hack

> I configuration the repo to point to a local copy of rawhide instead of
> a mirror list and get this
>
> http://pastebin.ca/723478

I thought this was fixed up in rawhide yum -- basically, you're hitting
an error and in the error teardown path, there's a yum bug.  But that
should be fixed in yum 3.2.5-3 or later.  Unless I didn't backport the
full fix from yum.git.

Anyway, kicked off an image with your config just to see what happens,
but I have to catch the bus in ~ 15 minutes and I suspect it won't be
done by then.  I'll try to check on it when I get home, though.

Jeremy