games spin

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Oct 1 08:23:05 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:

>>> Only if they wouldn't show up in the menu until I install the spin to
>>> my HDD.
>>>

>> Hmm,
>>
>> I'm afraid that cannot be done easily. So which way will it be then,
>> with or without autodownloader games?
>
> I guess what people here are looking for is a easy way to differentiate
> between programs that use autodownloader and ones that don't. After it
> has downloaded the content thought the differentiation wouldn't be
> required.
>
> If that can be done relatively easily somehow, that would be ideal.

There already is a way to differentiate, look at the tooltips one gets in the
applications menu, atleast for all my autodl games there is a clear hint there
files will be downloaded. FE: "Doom shareware launcher, will automatically
download the needed datafiles" is the tooltip for the doom launcher included in
vavoom.

Regards,

Hans