Fedora games spin: feedback

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:20:10 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 07:36 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Michael Thomas wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I talked to Jesse Keating on IRC today and we might be potentially be
> >> able to release a games spin officially as part of Fedora 8!
> >>
> >> I have copied the kickstart file into this page. Try it out. If there
> >> are changes in the packages required, edit the kickstart section or let
> >> me know.
> >
> > Since this LiveDVD is also going to be installable, do we want to
> > include game servers, such as crossfire, xpilot-ng-server, and cyphesis?
> >

> No I don't think we want that, we don't want to make it a larger download then
> necessary. I also think we should try to make sure we only include real good
> games, some games are fun but lack a certain spit and polish. atomorun for
> example is a game which I would not want to include.

I vote for warzone2100. I'm addicted to it. I did have some problems
with the rpm, so I grabbed the tar file and built it. That seemed to
work, so there must be some minor glitch in the rpm file. sauerbraten is
also a high quality game to consider. It's a quake like shooter. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar