Games spin?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 05:20:50 UTC 2007

Christopher Stone wrote:

>>> I believe I already answered your question earlier. This is a games spin
>>> and I don't think the goals filling up an entire DVD if any space is
>>> left based on your unverified assumptions to put additional desktop
>>> environments in it. A Fedora games spin is a show case for good Free
>>> software games. If users want KDE, they already have a KDE spin available.
>> What the hell are you talking about?  You cant play the games without
>> a desktop.  Why is GNOME installed?

As I said earlier I derived the games spin from the desktop spin
kickstart file and that's the reason why we have GNOME.

> This is just a bunch of BS IMO.  You think free space is better than
> allowing a user to choose between KDE and GNOME?

Yes. Saves up downloading time and bandwidth is still costly/limited in
many regions including where I am. In the future, we would probably
include more games if we indeed have any space left. I would appreciate
you take your time you spend on this arguments to do local testing of
the spin, the details which I have in other threads that followed this one.

You make up some
> stupid argument about this being a game spin and how game spins only
> have room for *your* favorite desktop.  Give me a break...

A more civil tone in such discussions would be helpful. I am not
interested in a desktop environment flamewar and this isn't the right
forum for that and for the record I am one of the people who supported
the KDE SIG in their efforts and kickstarted some discussions around
forming a community around it when I was a Fedora Board member. Ask the
KDE SIG folks like Rex Dieter if I am biased on that matter.

Now let's get back to the topic of games. Shall we?

Rahul