Games spin?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 06:23:29 UTC 2007

Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>>> While I don't think including two big desktop environments (GNOME and
>>> KDE) is a good idea (better include more games instead), using xfce has
>>> some merits, not because of disk space but because of less CPU and RAM
>>> consumption, leaving more free for games (IMO using twm as default is
>>> not good, is not user-friendly enough).
>> I am of that opinion too but it's quite surprising that we would
>> discussing desktop environments or window managers so much. Users who
>> download a games spin are unlikely to care much about that as long is
>> it's usable, attractive and familiar IMO.
>
> So you are saying we should use KDE?

Come on Christopher Stone. Just drop this pointless argument. I have
already said that I don't consider the choice of desktop environment to
be very important in this instace. Your instance of discussing this in
length is only serving as a distraction from useful work like testing
out the spin. Please do that instead.

Rahul