Notes on games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 22 10:04:50 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Thanks for checking it out, feedback with regard to the typos much
> appreciated, English isn't my first language.

Neither it is mine for that matter.

"Your system currently is not capabable of hardware
accellerated 3D. Therefor $GAME cannot run."

capable and accelerated is misspelled.

"Usually the cause of this error is that there are no Free Software
drivers for your graphicscard, please contact your graphicscard
manufacturer and kindly ask them to provide Free Software support for
your card."

You need space in between graphics and card. Also it might be better to
point to a wiki page.

>> You might want to announce this more widely when this package is in
>> the repository.
>
> Erm, more widely then the games mailinglist?

Yeah unless all the game packagers are in this list and active watching
discussions, dropping them a mail tends to get better attention. Despite
all the activity on the license tag, only about 50% have fixed their
packages for example. I guess the traffic is getting too much for people
to keep track of all the discussions.

Also I noticed that you published your scripts under public domain.
Atleast in the US, it is better to use a permissive license like MIT X11
license or 2 clause BSD license because they carry a warranty and avoid
personal liability without causing any licensing issues. Just FYI.

Rahul