High Noon with Smokin' Guns

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Aug 6 07:06:34 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Quake 3 mod. Pretty interesting. Anyone wants to package?
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/142226
>
> "Since the release of the Quake 3 engine source code in summer 2005 a
> lot of modifications and spin-offs have emerged. One such spin-off,
> Smokin' Guns (formerly known as Western Quake 3), is all about classical
> Wild West themes: big rifles and revolvers, wailing steel guitars, bank
> robberies, and smooth talking. It's a game you don't want to miss"

Not exactly opensource I'm afraid, see:
http://www.smokin-guns.net/viewtopic.php?t=366
http://www.smokin-guns.net/viewtopic.php?t=721

Someone could wip together an autodownloader launcher, as they seem to use an
unmodified q3a engine.

Also Rahul, I really appreciate your postings about potentially interesting
games, but to get a lot more value out of this postings could you in the future
please:

1) Do a quick license check
2) If it passes one at it to the games wishlist on the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

Thanks & Regards,

Hans