Games Spin status update

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 15 14:04:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 14:44:05 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> I also plan on looking into what is limiting things to 4GB. So far I have
> found that it isn't supposed to be a squashfs limit, so I think eventually
> we can get another 400 MB to give a bit of breathing room.

File /home/livecd/tmp/imgcreate-TGRW6v/iso-f10vWq/LiveOS/squashfs.img is larger than 4GiB-1.
-allow-limited-size was not specified. There is no way do represent this file size. Aborting.

This looks to be a mkisofs/genisoimage error message, though the man page says
that the limit should be 2GiB, not the 4GiB referenced in the error message.
There is a way to handle that, but I am not sure if that will cause problems.
If things are already running linux by the time that file is referenced
then maybe using -allow-limited-size might work.
I'll look at testing that if I can figure out how to pass that option.
Another approach would be to split the file system into two files. That would
be significantly more work and may not be worth it for only a small gain on
DVDs. (Though with liveusb images becoming popular going over 4GB might
have more demand.)