Openarena and ioquake3 problem

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jan 11 16:27:01 UTC 2008

Michał Bentkowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Following Hans's suggestion in bug [1], I decided to make openarena
> work using quake3 engine available in repo. Everything seemed to work
> good, I even built the package in rawhide (but it's been already
> untagged) when it turned out that multiplayer is unplayable
> .
> First of all, quake3's openarena doesn't look for servers on
> dpmaster.deathmask.net master server (which is the right one for it)
> but the default one *even* if I explictly set sv_master1 parameter.
> But it's not a big problem at all. The much worse thing is that
> quake3's openarena just quits when I type known IP address of a
> server. It leaves following messages:

Good news, I've had some time to work on this and I've made several small
patches for the generic ioquake3 to make it play well together with openarena.

A build for devel is on its way here:

Grep the srpm there and rebuild for F-8, or download the pre build rpms for devel.

The correct command to start openarena is:
quake3 +set fs_homepath $HOME/.openarena +set fs_game baseoa +set cl_master
dpmaster.deathmask.net

Assuming that ~/.openarena has already been created and populated by the
current openarena launcher script.

Regards,

Hans