Re: Patent concerns

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:46:02PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
Due to patent concerns, we won't be able to include any games in Fedora
which meet the following criteria:
A game where "targets" move across the screen to a predetermined point
or line, where the player hits a button/key/mouse click as the target(s)
crosses that point or line, and gets points.

Seriously? I wrote an AppleBasic game in fourth grade (1984) that did that.

I hear you, some smartass behind DDR though so game mechanics can't be copyrighted, lets patent them.

Cheesh.

Maybe its an idea to petition pubpat: http://www.pubpat.org/ to fight this? I know they have much bigger (and much more important) fish to catch, but this seems trivially easy to overthrow.

Regards,

Hans