Crrcsim's data files' location

Joonas Sarajärvi muepsj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:45:40 UTC 2008

Hello

I am a new package contributor to Fedora, and I currently only have my
first package, milkytracker, in Fedora. I am now looking forward to
package another program that I use and that is not available in
Fedora.

According to the Fedora Games Packaging guidelines, the data files of
Crrcsim should end up in /usr/share/crrcsim, not in
/usr/share/games/crrcsim. While I agree with the guideline, Crrcsim's
configure script doesn't (yet) support this and it always wants to put
files under the games directory.

Would someone have any pointers on solving the situation?

The one solution I have thought of is to manually mv the data
directory into the right place after make install. After this, I would
need to create a wrapper script that would cd to the data directory
(Crrcsim searches the current directory, in addition to some
presumably hard-coded paths) and then run the actual binary
executable. In this case, should I put the binary into /usr/libexec?

For future releases, it would probably be wise to work with the
upstream developers to make the simulator easier installable in
various directory configurations.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj at gmail.com