Game Idea

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:34:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 00:41 -0700, Jacob Smith wrote:
> there are to many "quake" style and "doom" type of games for linux i
> think,
>         You might consider sauerbraten, as it has a builtin editor,
>         net play and
>         single player modes. It's very slick, with a Quake style. Ric
>
>         http://sauerbraten.org/

You can make just about any type of interactive rpg game using their
editor, with marginal game coding skills. Plus the camera angle can be
first person, or overhead or second person. Use weapons, or not. AI
players or not. You just really need to decide on the game theme, then
use the engine to create it. Plus, others can create with you online
directly. That sets sauerbraten apart from the Quakes and Doom engines.
I think the libGL features are better, with higher frame rates. I'd
suggest you peek at it, just to see where I'm coming from. If I could
stream video within it, I'd be using it myself in a heartbeat. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar