Games Spin Status

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Jan 24 20:10:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> It would be especially useful to hear from people that have estimates on how
> many Windows users that are likely to try out Fedora spins are likely to
> be using vfat on their C: drive.

According to the latest Steam hardware survey:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

97.33% of users are using NTFS. (Click "Other settings" on the bottom)

Really the only worry I see is that 4GB+ images probably won't work
for Live USB. USB sticks are usually FAT, and I think the Live USB
system requires it, as it uses syslinux. Booting Live USB off NTFS or
ext2 should be possible to implement. NTFS patches for GRUB exist, but
Fedora's GRUB doesn't seem to have them:

http://www.geocities.com/lode_leroy/grubinstall/