Should Fedora become upstream for "chess"

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Nov 15 22:26:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 23:12:45 +0100,
  Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> There already is a separate setup script (that is what you get the first time),
> the problem is that every applications calls this itself and then stores the data
> somewhere it would be nice to:
> a) have reasonable defaults somehow, and offer the setup as an option rather then
>    always asking on first run
> b) share ogre settings between apps

I agree this would be the best outcome.

I don't think I am ready to work on doing that right now, but I'll keep it
in mind as a future project.

For the shared settings I think there also needs to be a way to make app
specific settings in addition to the generic ones.

Some people have complained in the recent past about games starting in
full screen and causing problems. For ogre based games the defaults could
be set to avoid this using the hypothetical arrangement above.

This also sounds like something that is likely to be desired in upstream
ogre, depending on the exact implementation.