Any free Ultima-style music?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Oct 19 17:37:12 UTC 2009

It looks like I'm going to have to drop the music from the packaged
version of Nazghul because as far as I can tell it has a noncommercial
use restriction.  I wonder if anyone has any leads on some basic free
Ultima-style music that I could suggest as a replacement.  The engine
just uses ogg files, with a simple schema file that defines which songs
get played where, so I can easily replace stuff if I can get
replacements.

Currently there are fifteen songs, all taken from mfiles.co.uk.  I still
need to bounce an email off of mfiles to verify that the nazghul folks
didn't obtain special permission.  Actually I'm having trouble
deciphering the situation, but I figure it's better to pull now so that
we don't ship this stuff in F12.

 - J<