[Fedora-haskell-list] Haskell Platform

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:03:05 UTC 2009

Hey List,

I saw this morning that there has been another release of the Haskell
platform, and it's a shame that we can't provide it yet on Fedora. I
remember there being some discussion about the best way to do it on
Fedora, but i can't remember the details offhand. I think the best
thing to do though would be to package each component as a separate
package, ie, one tarball per source rpm, and then include either an
empty package that depends on it, or messing around with comps.

However we end up doing it though, i do have some good news. Because
of the amount of free time that i have with my new job, i've been able
to spend more than a few hours a week devoted to packaging during the
work week. The only catch is that in order to get new packages in
Fedora, we need at least two people who are willing to do the same. I
don't mind doing packaging or reviewing, but someone or several
someones need to step up and volunteer to do the other half. Either
i'll mass submit a bunch of libraries, and someone can methodically go
through them and review them, or someone else can put up the packages,
and i'll take the time to do the reviews.

Anyone willing?

-Yaakov