[Fedora-haskell-list] The Haskell packaging current state of play?

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:29:11 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 Miles Sabin <miles at milessabin.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> Things seemed to be in a great deal of flux the last time I looked
> into starting to put together various Haskell packages. Have things
> settled down and are there now finalized Haskell packaging guidelines?
> Is it possible to follow these on F10 or is it necessary to either
> wait for backports from rawhide or switch to the rawhide toolchain?
> Oh, and what happened to cabal-rpm?
>
> I'd also be keen to know what packages are currently in progress so
> that I don't duplicate anyone else's efforts.
>
> I have the following rough and ready packages which I'd like to update
> and make some progress on submitting,

The packaging guidelines have settled down alot. If possible, please
use the command cabal2spec to generate your spec files following the
guidelines.

In order to do packaging run:
yum --enablerepo=rawhide update ghc

and this will enclude cabal2spec.

Packages that already have review requests are easily searchable
through bugzilla. I think the majority of your packages though are
free for the taking.

-Yaakov