[Fedora-haskell-list] The Haskell packaging current state of play?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 08:51:34 UTC 2009

> The packaging guidelines have settled down alot. If possible, please
> use the command cabal2spec to generate your spec files following the
> guidelines.

Yep I am planning to submit them to FPC for revision review very soon.

> In order to do packaging run:
> yum --enablerepo=rawhide update ghc
>
> and this will include cabal2spec.

True until ghc-6.10.1-7.fc11 which should appear in rawhide mirrors soon.
cabal2spec and templates are being moved to a separate package (haskell-packaging) under review currently.

(Still wondering about the name maybe we should just call the package cabal2spec instead?)

Jens