[Fedora-haskell-list] xmonad-bluetile executable

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Sep 3 22:30:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 11:05:05PM +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

> xmonad-bluetile has a binary xmonad which is a conflict with the
> package xmonad. Theoretically most xmonad configs should work with the
> branch anyways, but i'm skeptical. I'm debating renaming it
> xmonad-bluetile, and then enforcing alternatives. I will also try to
> convince upstream to change if we go this route. Any thoughts?
> Comments?

Imho the clean way would be to make them both independently usable, i.e.
rename it to bluetile and make it use ~/.bluetile/bluetile.hs or
whatever, but not ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs, so that both can be used
independently. Then both should have their own .desktop file, so a user
can easily swith if he wants. I only read about bluetile today and
never used it, but if I would test it, it would not want it to interfer
with my xmonad config.

Regards
Till